Thursday, September 1, 2011

Justice League #1 Review

Finally, I've read this book... Before I read it, IGN and CBR already had their reviews, IGN gave it an 8.0, and CBR gave it 3 stars out of 5. Everybody knows how important this book is for the future of this sector, and these two websites said it didn't have the hook it was supposed to have. I couldn't disagree more.

First of all, I really enjoyed this book. Yes, it didn't have the full roster and yes it was a bit slow paced, but I really enjoyed this book. Interactions between Batman and Hal Jordan were handled greatly. It was really fun to read how these guys try to get along with each other. What was even better than this was their confrontation with Superman. 

Bruce Wayne already made his research about Superman and he thought he was too powerful because of his power levels, but Hal Jordan didn't care. If you were chosen by the Guardians of the Universe and given a ring that creates anything you imagine to police a space sector, would you be scared from some dude who has flying powers and super strength ? It turns out, you should be.


The reason I disagree with CBR and IGN is, how the hell is the NEXT: BATMAN VS SUPERMAN not an enough hook to make the new guys check the second issue ? I can't think about anything more hooking than that, as it pits the two flagship characters of DC on a fight.

I was waiting to be disappointed by a younger Superman, but seeing how badass he was, I just felt excited for the next issue of this series and the much-anticipated Action Comics by Grant Morisson. I think this was an excellent, fresh new start for the new DCU, and I couldn't be more excited to see where this series goes (and to see the fight between Batman and Superman).

So I give this a:
5/5

1 comment:

  1. I love super-hero! Thank u for ur info! I really appreciate ur work =D, follow u ;)

    ReplyDelete