Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Checklist of a New Comic Reader 08.31.11 : The Bridge

As you can see from the title, I called this week The Bridge, as it concludes the old DCU and kicks off the New 52. Marvel readers do not need to be sorry tho, as this week sees the continuation of the epic storyline where Asgardians are battling Galactus, and Spider-Island continues. Here's my checklist:

-Justice League #1
So this is it, the New 52 is upon us. I'll definately be checking this out, as it'll be the flagship title of the New 52, Geoff Johns is writing it, Jim Lee is drawing it and it's kicking off the New 52 (It WILL be awesome). 

-Flashpoint #5
As the Justice League kicks off the New 52, this will conclude the old one. I started reading comics when Flashpoint #1 arrived, and loved the Flashpoint universe, and am eagerly waiting to see how it will all end.

-The Amazing Spiderman #668
To be honest, I started reading Spiderman with this event's prologue issue, so this is the third Spiderman comic that I'll read. I made my research for the series tho, and I'm definately one of the haters of One More Day, but Spiderman is one of my favorite heroes (is there anyone who doesn't like him ?) so I decided to give his ongoing a chance, and loved it. So I'll definately be checking this out.

-The Mighty Thor #5
Again, I started reading this with The Mighty Thor #1, and loved it. Art was amazing, storyline was amazing and best of all, it was EPIC. Asgardians vs Galactus ? Until now, it was fun as hell, and I see no reason this becoming boring or losing the fun factor. 

-Invincible #82
I started reading comics as a whole when Flashpoint launched, but the first series I started reading was The Walking Dead. Since then, Robert Kirkman is one of my favorite writers, and I'm reading most of his work. This is just another one of his series, and I'm in for everything Robert Kirkman.

No comments:

Post a Comment